Our Favorite Twice Baked Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bake potatoes for 1 hour.
- Allow potatoes to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out flesh and place in a medium bowl.
- Put potato skins aside.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, half of the bacon, 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of the green onions to the potato flesh and mix well.
- I do use my hand mixer, but be very careful not to overmix as it will turn pasty.
- Scoop potato mixture back into the skins and top with remaining bacon, cheese and onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes if baking right away. If you are making ahead then they should bake longer- about 30-40 minutes.