Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
There so many recipes for this, but this one is out favorite. I got it online somewhere long ago.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheese
- 8 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bake potatoes for 1 hour.
- Allow potatoes to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out flesh and place in a medium bowl.
- Put potato skins aside.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, half of the bacon, 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of the green onions to the potato flesh and mix well.
- I do use my hand mixer, but be very careful not to overmix as it will turn pasty.
- Scoop potato mixture back into the skins and top with remaining bacon, cheese and onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes if baking right away. If you are making ahead then they should bake longer- about 30-40 minutes.
Easy and delicious! Thanks Heidi Sue, for a keeper recipe!
We were very disappointed with this....was quite bland & WAY too much sour cream. Doubt if I'd make it again...sorry. THANKS for sharing, though.
We loved these really tasty and wonderfully textured twice-baked potatoes! Instead of scallions I sauteed some finely diced yellow onion in fat from the just-fried bacon and included both. It was so nice to prepare the potatoes in advance and have them refrigerated and ready to go at suppertime. They would also freeze excellently ~ Just hold back on the cheese and bacon toppings until the potatoes are thawed and ready to bake. Thanks HeidiSue for sharing a new family favorite recipe!