Top Review by Trs
Recipe is misleading. "frozen tater tots (however much you desire)" does not work well with a flat cook time of 30 minutes. I used 2lbs of frozen tater tots to level out the 9x9 casserole dish. After 30 minutes, the cheese was melted and I dished it out. The tater tots in the middle were still frozen... The recipe was good once it was cooked thoroughly but make sure to check the temperature of the center before serving--30 minutes may not be enough time for however much frozen tater tots you desire.
- 1 lb light pork sausage (Jimmy Dean is what we use)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (We also sometimes substitute cream of chicken, too)
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese (however much you desire, we love cheese!)
- frozen tater tots (we like to cover the top by lining them up)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and drain.
- Add soup and stir.
- Put soup mixture on bottom of 9x9 pan.
- Place tater tots on top. I like to cover it fairly well.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. You can optionally broil the top for a couple of minutes for a little extra crisp.