Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe was one of the first that I attempted when we were first married. It is a great recipe because you can adapt to your own tastes. Great summertime meal. Our family loves it.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces taco blend cheese, shredded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- 8 ounces thousand island dressing
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix, reserving one TBS taco seasoning for the dressing.
- let the ground beef cool.
- Wash and dry lettuce.Tear lettuce into bite size peices. Place in a large bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes, diced onion, and cheese to the lettuce and stir.
- Make the dressing and pour on top of lettuce mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Add the cooled ground beef.
- Crush the Doritos into smaller pieces, but not to small or they mix with the dressing and make the dressing pasty. Add chips. NOTE: Don't add the chips until ready to serve.
- Stir until everything is mixed and serve immeditely.
- I have also added a drained can of kidney beans to this, but family is not a bean loving family. So now I omit it. Also have added some sour cream and salsa as well.