1/2 Photos of Our Favorite Skinny Easter Sugar Cookies
Nancy Fox's Note:
So cute and colorful for Easter, these old-fashioned sugar cookies are crispy, delicate and buttery tasting. And, we’re using just a small amount of reduced-fat butter combined with canola oil. Each skinny cookie has 37 calories, less than 1 gram of fat and 1 Weight Watchers POINTS. Although we like our sugar cookies crispy, if you like them soft, bake them for a shorter time. Have fun rolling in several colors of sugar. These can be made way in advance since they’ll last several weeks in an airtight container. If they actually last that long!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1.1. In an electric mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the oil, butter and sugar. Beat on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 22. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth.
- 33. Place the batter in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up. It’s easier to roll after refrigerated.
- 44. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking pans, (cooking sheets) with parchment paper, see shopping tip.
- 55. In a small bowl, add the ½ cup or more sugar for rolling. If using several colors, place each color in a separate small bowl.
- 66. Scoop the batter into rounded 1-inch pieces and roll in sugar. Place each on lined baking pans.
- 77. Bake cookies for 11 minutes, then rotate pans and bake for about 12 more minutes. This will create a crispy cookie when cooled. If you desire softer cookies, bake for the 8 minutes, rotate pans and bake for another 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 88. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container. They will last for several weeks. if baked crispy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Favorite Skinny Easter Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 105
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 28.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: