Recipe by Amanda in Aberdeen
This is an economical favorite around our house and we have a variation of it once a week. It may seem like alot in print but I simply put the pasta on to boil and commence chopping peppers etc; Its very simple to prepare and tastes great on its own or with most any variation of veg.
- 250 g whole wheat pasta, quills
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 55 g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper (diced)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- meanwhile add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and cook peppers and tomato until tender or al dente depending on your preference and set aside.
- drain pasta and add butter to the still hot pasta and mix until coated.
- In a small skilliet heat olive oil over medium heat add crushed garlic and fry until the garlic is just golden -- note its important not to over cook the garlic or get the oil too hot as everything will taste burnt.
- Immediatly pour oil and garlic over pasta.
- mix thoroghly and add basil then peppers and cheese.
- season with salt and pepper to your preference.