Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very delicious, fluffy pancakes. The brown sugar and sour cream give them a wonderful flavor.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Place flour,salt, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir to blend.
- In a 4 cup glass measure, combine milk, sour cream and eggs. Whisk together.
- Pour liquid ingredients into bowl with flour and whisk just until blended.
- Whisk in melted butter.
- Heat a non-stick griddle to about 325 degrees.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake on to griddle.
- Cook until bubble form and start popping. About 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
Loved these pancakes and will certainly make them again. Light, fluffy and just the right amount of sweet. Everyone in my family loved them, thinking these are our new favorite. The batter looked a little thin, but puffed up nice and thick. I took a photo they are so pretty but lost the camera (Grrrrrr) and that meant all the photos on the card. Oh well, I'll certainly be making them again and will post it then.
I loved these thick pancakes. The taste is so good. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Thanks JillAZ :) made for I recommend tag game
Good basic pancake recipe, and a great way to use up extra sour cream.