Recipe by Scout33
These make a delicious, chewy oatmeal cookie that is perfect for adding things to. I do not like raisins, so I add chocolate chips. I use a cookie scoop that holds a little more than a tablespoon and the resulting cookies are the perfect size for having two without feeling guilty. :-)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (12 tablespoons or 1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar together, add egg and vanilla. Scrape bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt, add to butter and sugar mixture, mix until just combined.
- Combine oats, pecans and chocolate chips, add to dough.
- Bake about 20 minutes, the cookies will just begin to set around the edges, take out while still wet and shiny looking between the cracks.