Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 hrs
this is our favorite italian beef recipe, it is great for a party, the holidays, gametime, or your family anytime. it also freezes well, and i think tastes even better after being frozen. we serve it on a crusty sweet bread, but any sub or hard roll will do..you want something that will hold all those delicious juices
- 1814.36 g beef roast (sirloin tip preferred)
- 2 package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package au jus mix
- 1 can beer
- 1 jar hot peppers or 1 jar mild bell pepper (, depending on your tastes)
- 1 jar pepperoncini pepper
- put roast in crockpot, season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- add seasoning mixes, beer, and both peppers w/juices.
- if there is no liquid covering entire roast, add enough to just cover top of the roast.
- cook in crockpot, on low, for a minimum of 8 hours.
- remove roast from crockpot, allow to cool to touch.
- "pick"meat, seperate and remove the fat, the roast should just fall apart into pieces.
- put meat back into crockpot, cook an additional 6-8 hours.
- i usually cook this the first 8 hours the day before i want to serve this, then the additional cooking is done the day i want to serve it.
Well I'll add my 5* to this one. It is perfect with a great robust flavor. Easy to follow directions & perfect to make on a busy day. The combo of ingerdients adds a "zing" to the meat as well as produces a tender dish.
I can easily see you why this is your favorite italian beef because after trying it is has become ours as well. I started this early Sunday morning using a 3lb eye of round that I browned first as we like the addition flavors that browning provides. Threw everything into the crockpot and cooked about 10 hours till it all fell apart. I then put it in the fridge to await next evenings dinner. All the flavors intensified and dh said it was some of the best beef he has ever had. This is a really good winter meal that will be a repeat on my table several times in the next few months. You did really good Bratty!
Well Bratty 1 you’ve got yourself one fantastic recipe here! It’s appropriately named “Our Favorite Italian Beef”...because it is now “Our Favorite Italian Beef”. I made this with the recommended sirloin tip and it was awesome, such bold flavor from the peppers. Your right about it even tasting better after it’s frozen. I’m submitting a photo in gratitude of your sharing such a delicious recipe! Thanks again!