Recipe by bratty
this is our favorite italian beef recipe, it is great for a party, the holidays, gametime, or your family anytime. it also freezes well, and i think tastes even better after being frozen. we serve it on a crusty sweet bread, but any sub or hard roll will do..you want something that will hold all those delicious juices
Top Review by Iron Bloomers
Well I'll add my 5* to this one. It is perfect with a great robust flavor. Easy to follow directions & perfect to make on a busy day. The combo of ingerdients adds a "zing" to the meat as well as produces a tender dish.
- 1 (4 lb) beef roast (sirloin tip preferred)
- 2 packages Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package au jus mix
- 1 can beer
- 1 jar hot peppers or 1 jar mild bell pepper (, depending on your tastes)
- 1 jar pepperoncini pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- put roast in crockpot, season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- add seasoning mixes, beer, and both peppers w/juices.
- if there is no liquid covering entire roast, add enough to just cover top of the roast.
- cook in crockpot, on low, for a minimum of 8 hours.
- remove roast from crockpot, allow to cool to touch.
- "pick"meat, seperate and remove the fat, the roast should just fall apart into pieces.
- put meat back into crockpot, cook an additional 6-8 hours.
- i usually cook this the first 8 hours the day before i want to serve this, then the additional cooking is done the day i want to serve it.