this is our favorite italian beef recipe, it is great for a party, the holidays, gametime, or your family anytime. it also freezes well, and i think tastes even better after being frozen. we serve it on a crusty sweet bread, but any sub or hard roll will do..you want something that will hold all those delicious juices
- put roast in crockpot, season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- add seasoning mixes, beer, and both peppers w/juices.
- if there is no liquid covering entire roast, add enough to just cover top of the roast.
- cook in crockpot, on low, for a minimum of 8 hours.
- remove roast from crockpot, allow to cool to touch.
- "pick"meat, seperate and remove the fat, the roast should just fall apart into pieces.
- put meat back into crockpot, cook an additional 6-8 hours.
- i usually cook this the first 8 hours the day before i want to serve this, then the additional cooking is done the day i want to serve it.