Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are excellent, chocolate (as if there was chocolate that is not excellent) chewy cookies. And extremely easy to make, also a good thing.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 2 tablespoons butter, no substitutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate morsels and butter.
- Cool slightly.
- In large bowl add condensed milk, flour, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
YUMMMMMMM! I made this for a friend's birthday and it was a huge hit! I didn't have semi-sweet chocolate so I used milk chocolate bars and halved the amount of condensed milk because I didn't want it to be too sweet. I added 1/2 cup of chopped cashewnuts and didn't change anything else. These cookies were more fudgey than cookie-like, but nobody cared because they were so delicious! Thanks for this recipe, it's marvellous!
Very easy recipe - my 3yr old son helped make them and had a lot of fun. I chilled the dough for the second batch and it was child's play to roll scoops of dough into balls and then flatten them on the baking tray. We made ours with shredded coconut instead of nuts. We also rolled some of them in sweetened coconut flakes and drizzled some of them with extra condensed milk. All were yummy - I'm already planning more variations :-)
Super easy and delicious. Make sure you don't bake them too long so that they're still nice and chewy, not dry. Try peppermint extract instead of vanilla for a yummy chocolate mint cookie. They spread a little bit during baking so make sure you leave enough room between em!