Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this recipe one night after I couldn't find my usual one. It came out delicious so I wrote down what I did and it has become our new favorite. It is a little sweeter than most chili recipes, but I think that is why my children have no problem eating it.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- Cook hamburger (could also substitute with ground turkey), rinse and drain. Combine all ingredients in large pot (do not drain any of the canned foods), use 2-3 packs of chili seasoning depending on how strong you like the flavor. Heat on medium high, then let simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve alone or with toppings like shredded cheddar, sour cream, and corn chips.