Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from a family friend and is the best enchilada recipe I have ever tried. We serve them with sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and tomato. They freeze very well.
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, cooked
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 8 ounces diced green chilies (i like hot)
- 16 ounces shredded cheese (i like mexican)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa verde
- 20 ounces enchilada sauce
- 16 -20 large flour tortillas
- preheat oven to 350.
- shred or chop chicken fine (I use the chop setting on my food processor).
- beat cream cheese and evaporated milk (start with 1/2 can add more as needed).
- add in 2 cups of cheese.
- stir (or beat) in chicken, onion, green chiles.
- grease a 13x9 and a 9x9 glass baking dish.
- spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- warm tortillas to soften them a little and put a few spoonfuls of chicken mixture down the middle. put a spoonful of salsa verde on top of the chicken, roll them up, tucking in the ends.
- line them up in the baking dishes and pour enchilada sauce on top.
- top with the other 2 cups of cheese (or more).
- cover with foil and bake for 30 mins.
- uncover and bake for 15 mins.