Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Makes the most delicious "gravy" to serve over the tender chicken and veggies.
- 1 whole frying chicken
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh sliced mushrooms
- onion salt
- onion powder
- black pepper
- Prepare a turkey-size oven cooking bag according to mfg.
- directions (flour), and place in a large roasting pan (I use my extra-large Corningware lasagna pan).
- Remove giblets, etc.
- ,from cavity of chicken, tuck wings behind chicken and place in the roasting bag.
- Pierce whole lemon 5-6 times with a fork, and place in chicken cavity.
- Peel potatoes, cut into medium size chunks and place evenly in the bag, surrounding the chicken.
- Clean and snap the green beans, also placing them evenly around the chicken.
- Place the fresh, sliced mushrooms evenly around the chicken.
- Season everything- veggies and chicken- liberally with onion powder, onion salt and black pepper.
- Close and pierce the cooking bag according to mfg.
- Place in 350 oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until you can loosen the drumstick.