Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
I've been making this cheesecake on every holiday for the last 15 years or so. I combined several recipes to create this one that my family and I truly love. It's nice and thick, firm, and is not overly sweet. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 lbs cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and 2 Tbs sugar in a bowl.
- Add butter and stir until moistened.
- Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a -inch springform pan to form crust.
- Place in freezer until ready to fill.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with hand mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar a little at a time until creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in cornstarch.
- Beat in vanilla, almond extract, and lemon juice.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Pour into chilled pie crust.
- Place a shallow pan of water about 1/2 inch deep on bottom oven rack.
- Place cheesecake on rack above water.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Without opening door, lower heat to 250 degrees.
- Let bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until center is set.
- Turn off oven and leave oven door ajar for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from oven and bring to room temperature
- Fridge overnight.
- You can top the cake with canned pie filling before chilling, or you can serve the plain cheesecake with a choice of chilled, canned pie fillings served on the side.