Recipe by Silent Rain
I believe this is from a McCall's cookbook. I've had the recipe for so long I'm not quite sure but the pancakes are every bit worth the effort. Our family rates them ten stars! :)
Top Review by I'mPat
My only issue was that the mix was so thick and when I cooked the first pancake I knew it would be a case of burnt on the outside to cook the inside so added about another 1/4 cup of buttermilk and voila could scoop into th pan and swirl and get some lovely pancakes and got 15 in total though think mine were a little less than 4 inches but were thoroughly enjoyed, the DH had his with sugar and lemon juice, the DM and DS as is and I had mine with a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup, yum, thank you Silent Rain for a lovely recipe and Sydney Mike for his recommendation, made for I Recoomend Tag Game.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- oil, to grease pan
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Into eggs sift the flour, baking powder and salt and granulated sugar. Add brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk and butter or margerine until just combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- Meanwhile heat pan over medium heat. To test temperature drop a little cold water onto pan. The water should roll off in drops. Lightly oil pan.
- Use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until light brown on each side. This recipe can be doubled with great results.
- Enjoy! :).