Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has become one of my most requested dishes at family functions. I prepare it at home and just heat up in the microwave when I am ready to serve. I also adjust the amount of hot sauce depending on who will be there. Our family prefers it mild with only 1/2 cup of sauce.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan or dutch oven. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the cheeses have melted and start to bubble.
- Transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish and serve with Tortilla chips and/or celery sticks.
- If made ahead of time, microwave 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Stir before serving.
I brought this dip to a potluck in my family. It was a bit hit. Everyone was asking me about the recipe. They were so amaze to know it was only 5 ingredients. Thanks Tarynne :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
I must admit that I just layered my ingredients and threw it in the oven, as I couldn't devote my attention to just the one thing! I also cut back the ranch dressing a bit, as 1 cup seemed like a lot to me....This is very good from the oven, but I'm sure it is GREAT on the stovetop. I'm going to tuck this away into my 'camping' cookbook, as we love our appys, and there is no oven available! Thanks for a great recipe, Tarynne!