Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Everyone has their favorite, this is ours. Lovely moist on the inside, perfect sprinkled with powdered sugar, frosted, or served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 200 g unsweetened semisweet baking chocolate
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 85 g all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour an 18 cm cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Mix well, and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend flour, sugar and salt well.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the flour, fully incorporating.
- Whisk in the eggs and the yolk one at a time.
- Beat for about a minute until thickened and smooth.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted is moist with crumbs.
I absolutely loved the texture of these brownies-just what I was looking for, soft and dense. The taste, however, was less satisfactory. Something was off, I wonder if it's the powdered sugar-but I suspect that's what helped the texture. Maybe the chef can enlighten me?
I made this recipe exactly as written using a scale to weigh out the ingredients after converting it to US weights. These were some of the best brownies I've ever made and I did as another reviewer suggested by using these as the base for hot fudge sundaes. The recipe made a simply delicious moist brownie with a perfect chewy texture. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe as it's quickly become our favorite brownie recipe too!
I made these and took them last night as a dessert for our church fish fry dinner. I only got a little nibble, but I can tell you from the other people that ate these that they are delicious! The are more of a dense brownie versus a cakey brownie, which is a very good thing in my book. They kind of remind me of the rich, chewy brownies you get at Dairy Queen with their brownie explosion sundae. I cooked mine for 45 minutes and followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!