Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple, yet different breakfast recipe. It can be modified easily by using different cheeses and meats. You can also double the recipe and make on a sheet pan. I posted this recipe on another site where it received rave reviews
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown, drain and crumble sausage.
- Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- Place in an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan with points toward the center.
- Press together to form a crust.
- Bottom of crust should be sealed and outside edge should be slightly raised.
- Spoon sausage over crust.
- Sprinkle with hash browns and top with cheddar cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are setm, about 25 to 30 minutes.
This was really good! I have brought it to two breakfast get-togethers and got rave reviews. I toast the lefovers in the toaster oven and they're great! I forgot the hashbrowns the second time, but it was still great. Also, instead of crescent rolls, I used canned pizza dough.
Made this for breakfast this morning and we just loved it! I don't buy frozen hash browns, so I substituted by cutting frozen french fries into little 1/4 inch cubes. It worked perfectly! Thanks for posting this delicious and easy to make recipe.
Delicious breakfast pizza! My three children gave this recipe the highest reviews. It's almost foolproof...you just can't go wrong with it. I do think the prep time is a little off though...it took me longer than 10 minutes to get the sausage browned and the ingredients added to the crust. However, the pizza was done after approx. 18 minutes of baking time. Thanks for posting a great recipe that all of my children agreed was great (almost unheard of in my house! lol)