1/1 Photo of Our Favorite Banana Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
No MSG!'s Note:
I've had some very blah banana breads, but this one is wonderful. My husband found this one to use one day when we had a bunch of bananas that weren't getting any younger. My co-workers loved it recently when I made it for a breakfast at work. This is from a cookbook called "America's Best Recipes". In the book, the recipe is called "Banana, Sour Cream and Walnut Loaf".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating with a mixer at medium speed.
- 2Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring well.
- 3Combine eggs, banana, and sour cream; stir well.
- 4Add flour to creamed mixture, alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until blended after each addition; stir in walnuts.
- 5Pour batter into greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pck inserted in center comes out clean. (Shield with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.).
- 7Let cool completely on a wire rack. Yield 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Favorite Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4729.4
- Calories from Fat 2135
- Total Fat 237.2 g
- Saturated Fat 103.8 g
- Cholesterol 799.1 mg
- Sodium 3868.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 603.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.9 g
- Sugars 298.9 g
- Protein 73.2 g