Recipe by South Carolina Girl
My aunt makes this every Christmas. You can use different flavors of kool-aid to give it different colors. During times with younger kids, she uses invisible kool-aid to help with cleaning up spills. We love it! Preparation and freezing ("cooking") times are estimated.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packageunsweetened Kool-Aid (any flavor)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice, from concentrate
- 6 cups cold water
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 quart ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 7 ingredients and freeze. (I mix them in a large bowl without the cold water. I divide them equally into small containers and then mix in the cold water. If you use 7-cup containers, divide the mixture into thirds, and then add 2 cups of cold water to each container.).
- Remove from freezer 4 hours before serving and then add ginger ale. (I have also used Sprite and Diet Sprite. I also typically buy more than 1 quart of soda and am able to make many more punch cups.).