Recipe by wwltmom
This makes a lot of dressing. It is the exact recipe that I used for our Thanksgiving "food gathering".
Top Review by Brenda Burgess
This recipe is almost exactly like my family's cornbread and giblet dressing recipe. In addition, we just add 3 cups of chopped white and dark meat chicken, and a pound each of cooked chopped chicken liver and gizzards. Even the pickiest eaters ask for seconds of this delicious dressing.
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 18 cups cornbread, precooked and crumbled
- 7 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake 4 8x8 inch baking dishes of cornbread. Allow to cool and crumble.
- Brown celery and onion in margarine and bacon grease. Spread precooked cornbread in disposable turkey roaster pan sprayed with cooking spray. Stir in all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours. May spoon additional turkey drippings over dressing if it begins to dry out before meal time.