Recipe by Ambervim
My brother had forgotten about putting garlic in it. It makes it so much better. I sometime put quite a bit of garlic. This is just the best simple dip. Our family was horrified, years ago, what a visiting priest made quite a thick sandwich of it. It is so rich!!!!!!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 ounces pimento olives (buy the cheaper salad or broken ones...this is plus or minus)
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion and garlic in food processor and pulverize.
- Add olives, drained (set liquid aside). Pulse a few times.
- Add the cream cheese and blend.
- If you want to thin it a little, add some of the olive juice and blend. This is especially useful if you are serving it right away.
- This is best if you let is sit a few hours before you eat it. It is also best at room temp -- nice and soft and flavorful. Best with thin, plain potato chips.
- Store in a fridge in a sealed container.