1 hr 15 mins
Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
We just love John Wayne movies and a friend in Az. gave us this recipe John Wayne is famous around the Maricopa, Arizona, area as he was one of the owners of Red River Farms, a large feed lot near there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Mix chiles and cheeses and put into a buttered shallow casserole.
- 3In a small bowl combine milk, egg yolks, flour, salt and pepper.
- 4In a large bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 5Gently fold whites into the yolk mixture.
- 6Then pour the mixture over the cheese and chile mixture and carefully blend.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and lay tomato slices over the entire top.
- 9Return to oven and bake 30 minutes longer, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- 10Garnish with a sprinkling of green chiles. Serves 8.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Family Favorite John Wayne Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.0
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 210.2 mg
- Sodium 979.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g