Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We just love John Wayne movies and a friend in Az. gave us this recipe John Wayne is famous around the Maricopa, Arizona, area as he was one of the owners of Red River Farms, a large feed lot near there.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix chiles and cheeses and put into a buttered shallow casserole.
- In a small bowl combine milk, egg yolks, flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whites into the yolk mixture.
- Then pour the mixture over the cheese and chile mixture and carefully blend.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lay tomato slices over the entire top.
- Return to oven and bake 30 minutes longer, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of green chiles. Serves 8.