3 hrs 45 mins
This dense, nutty, slightly sweet wholemeal loaf is our 'daily bread' here at 'Avalon'. It keeps well and toasts beautifully. The consistency is more cake like than bread like - but we like it that way!
My Private Note
loaf (1 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 355 ml water
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 200 g whole wheat flour
- 200 g rye flour
- 275 g white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk (we use skim milk powder)
- 1/2 cup linseed sunflower seeds and almond mix (Lsa mix - from health food stores or health food section of supermarket - optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1Place all ingredients, except for the sunflower seeds, into the mixing pan in the order recommended for your brand of breadmaker.
- 2In our breadmaker we put wet ingredients first, then dry ingredients, then yeast.
- 3Place sunflower seeds into the fruit and nut dispenser of your breadmaker or, if you don't have a dispenser, keep them aside until later.
- 4Set breadmaker settings to WHOLEWEAT, MEDIUM (crust), and LARGE (size)- this recipe makes a 1250g loaf.
- 5If your breadmaker has a fruit and nut dispenser, set it to dispense the nuts eg NUTS YES.
- 6Press START.
- 7Check the consistency of the dough during the kneading stage and add a little more water or flour if the dough seems too dry or too wet.
- 8If you don't have a fruit and nut dispenser, add the sunflower seeds towards the end of the first knead.
- 9Check loaf again towards the end of the final rise and if necessary, use your hand to form it into a neater shape.
- 10When the BAKE cycle is finished, remove the loaf from the pan and cool on a rack.
- 11To give the loaf a nice shiny finish, spray with spray oil while it is still warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Our Daily Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (1275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3692.0
- Calories from Fat 996
- Total Fat 110.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 2453.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 593.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 74.0 g
- Sugars 67.4 g
- Protein 108.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
linseed sunflower seeds and almond mix