Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very special to me as my mom and I worked it out together and have enjoyed many laughs in the kitchen in the process. It has the things she likes and the things I like all in one delicious slaw. Tastes great the next day too.
- 3 -4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (1 g) package Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped, green included
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a medium bowl while you shred the carrots and cabbage and chop the green onions.
- Add the carrots, cabbage and green onions.
- Mix well.
This recipe really appealed to me because of the combination of carrots, cabbage, and raisins and I served it with oven fried chicken for dinner. However, I really did not like the taste of the celery seeds. After adding 2 teaspoons of celery seeds, I tasted the dressing and opted not to add more. As things are now, I wish I had tasted it after one teaspoon. I'm sorry for the bad review.
I am going to admit that I am not really a coleslaw person. Honestly, if it is not from kfc, I usually do not like it. I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. The raisins were my favorite part, as well as the celery seeds. I will add this to our summer side dish list. Thanks for sharing!
Thought this was good. I liked the raisin addition, and never made cole slaw with mustard, it surprised me.