Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Okay, I know there are a million Broccoli Casserole recipes out there, but I couldn't resist adding this one to the list. It is a family favorite and is served at every holiday gathering in our family. I'm not a huge broccoli fan, but I can never get enough of this! It's definately not a low-cal recipe, but on Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter who's counting calories?...
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lighly beaten
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix, crumbled not cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Mix cooked broccoli with mayo, soup, onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in eggs.
- Pour into a 9x9 inch glass baking dish that has been lightly greased.
- Cover top with cheese and sprinkle stuffing over all.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for Easter dinner for my family, the non-vegetable eating people. There is such a nice mixture of flavors that the broccoli can be disguised pretty well, and the non-vegetable eaters ate the whole dish. After sprinkling the stuffing mix over the top, I "turned it over" a bit to get some of the mix moist. Yum!!
Yummy! Next time I won't add quite so much onion, but I will probably use this recipe for a pot luck!