Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful crispy cookies that do not lose their shape when baking. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl, mix with a whisk, and set aside.
- Melt butter and shortening together.
- Mix together both sugars, salt and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and pour melted butter mixture over.
- Beat well.
- Add each egg separately, beating until creamy.
- Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time while beating.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour in a covered bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375° Drop cookies by large rounded tablespoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Absolutely horrible! These don't even resemble cookies certainly not Otis spunkmeyer! Food.com remove this so people like me don't accidentally try it without reading the reviews! Awful waste of ingredients
I wish I would have read the other reviews. I saw Otis Spunkmeyer & the 1st review. These are in no way, shape or form like Otis CC. Almost seems like a biscuit. Didn't like the taste & they were very dry. Instead of using regular shortening I used butter shortening & little bit less butter. Will never try again. I had wanted to try different cc recipes. But I think I'll stay with slice & bake. I know how theyll turn out. And nowhere near this much work. So disappointed.
HORRIBLE! They literally tasted, smelled, and felt like playdoh. Never making again!!! Followed the recipe exactly. Disgusting