Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love these muffins and when I found this CopyKat.com recipe for them I knew I had to post this for safe keeping.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat softened butter, oil and sugar until blended. Add eggs, vanilla, almond extract and sour cream to butter and oil. Blend until mixture is smooth, all moist ingredients should be blended well. Start adding the flour mixture to batter a little at a time until thoroughly blended but do not overmix.
- When mixed, remove from mixer and add poppy seeds. Stir with a spoon until completely mixed through. Place in muffin cups, filling to 3/4 full. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Check muffins with a toothpick. Do not overbake. Store in sealed container.
The Otis Spunkmeyer Almond Poppy Seed Muffin is my FAVORITE store bought muffin, and I was so sad when my local grocery store stopped selling them. When I saw this recipe I tried it immediately, and it is AWESOME! It tastes JUST like the Otis Spunkmeyer muffin! It's delicious straight from the oven, and even a few days later! It's very moist and has the perfect amount of almond extract! I will definetely make these again!
These muffins are AMAZING. I followed the recipe exactly, and they were just wonderful...better than Otis Spunkmeyer :-)
I made these into 6 giant muffins instead of 12. They are soooo delicious, but just a bit like cake inside? Not sure if it's bc I sifted the dry ingredients or baked for the full 25 mins? Anyway, delish!