Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Homemade Hot Links
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons anise seed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Mix the meats with the spices.
- For sausage links, attach 2 1/4-inch sausage casings to the stuffer nozzle.
- on a hand meat grinder.
- Stuff the casings to the desired length, cut the links, and secure the ends with.
- Barbecue at 225 deg F for 2 hours or slow-smoke at 185deg F for 4 hours.
- For sausage patties,form the meat mixture into a roll and cover with wax paper. Slice the roll into patties and peel off the.
- wax paper. Patties can be fried or grilled.