Recipe by strawberrybird
Swedish cheesecake is not like American cheesecake, but it's still very yummy. Serve it with a fruit compote such as apple or lingonberry strawberry conserve (see my recipe).
Top Review by Linky
This was terrific! I don't like regular cheesecake b/c it's sooo sweet (even though I like all the ingredients). When I saw that this included almonds, I was hooked. As another reviewer mentioned, this is not very sweet by itself. I served it with lingonberry/raspberry sauce. (By the way, I used finely ground almonds b/c I did not know what else to use!)<br/>made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars
- 24 ounces cottage cheese, strained
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 3 -4 almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whip the eggs until fluffy.
- Stir in sugar, flour, and cottage cheese.
- Fold in the almonds and amaretto.
- Butter or spray a 9" x 13" casserole.
- Pour into pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- If cheesecake starts to get too brown, cover with foil.
- Best served warm with fruit compote.