Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Weight Watchers Make It In Minutes. Per serving: 263 calories, 8 g fat, 141 mg cholesterol, 10 mg total carb, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein
Top Review by MizRamsey
This is one of my favorite dishes, it's tasty and good for you. I used thyme because I didn't have bay leaf and I thought it was great. I prefer it with thighs but substituted marinated boneless skinless breasts last time and it was still pretty darn good.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery, chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in chicken; cook about 5 minutes or until browned on both sides; transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add in the onion, celery, carrots, and 1/2 of the garlic to the dutch oven.
- Stir/saute about 8 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Add in the tomatoes, broth, wine, and bay leaf, stirring with a fork to break up the tomatoes.
- Return the chicken to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon zest, and remaining garlic; sprinkle mixture over chicken.