1/2 Photos of Osso Bucco for Two
4 hrs 30 mins
This is really good for a romantic dinner for two on a snowy night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 beef shanks
- 4 teaspoons French dry rub
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 (14 ounce) can roma tomatoes, mush them up a bit-or when in season use 6 fresh and chop them (with juice)
- 1/2 bottle dry red wine, drink the rest
- 1 can beef broth
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stripped and use only the leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme, stripped and use only the leaves
- 14 hours before cooking or the night before rub the French Dry Rub into the shanks, both sides.
- 2In a large dutch oven over medium high heat add the oil and sear the shanks on both sides.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add the carrots, celery, and onions and cook, as is, for 5 minutes.
- 4Now add the tomatoes, broth, wine and pepper and fresh herbs.
- 5Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6When done remove shanks to individual plates along with the vegetables and over high heat quickly reduce the liquid.
- 7Pour this over top.
- 8I serve this with a Cesar Salad, Garlic Bread and roasted potatoes.
- 9Don't forget the wine!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Osso Bucco for Two
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 946.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French dry rub