Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
- 4 veal shanks or 4 lamb shanks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned consomme
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lemon, rind of, cut into strips
- 3 small carrots, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- Roll shanks in flour; brown with garlic in hot oil in skillet. Add remaining ingredients to crockpot. Stir to mix.
- Add shanks.
- Cover pot and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours until shanks are tender.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with pasta.
- NOTES : Prepared using lamb shanks.
- Delicious !
Excellent when made with Lamb Shanks.
Made this with lamb shanks, really excellant!! I kinda took your other recipe "osso bucco alla Milanese" and added some of what was in that to this recipe. Onions, celery, mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper and a cup of white wine, instead of 1/4 cup. Cooked it in the crockpot, 4 hours on high and 4 hours on low. perfect, thick sauce with the veggies and the meat falling off the bone. Just wonderful taste, over mashed potatoes and with a green salad. (the dog is knawing on the bare bones as I type!) This is a keeper, thanks for sharing!!
Made this twice with lamb shanks so far. Only made 2 shanks this time because my wife doesn't "like" lamb and my niece only said she'd try it. Well, my niece loved it to the point that my wife wanted a taste which she loved!