Recipe by Bone Man
Your guests will love this incredible and easy to prepare cocktail sauce. It is mild in character but you can bump it up with the Tabasco if you wish, or, simply make up two separate batches -- "one hot, one not." The Creole mustard is the key ingredient so don't skip it!
Top Review by Queen of Everything
This was fantastic! I highly recommend this sauce for the fanciest shrimp cocktail. The chili sauce gave it a nice subtle sweetness in the background, with a 1-2 punch of pow! coming from the mustard and horseradish. The onion and celery added a fresh, bright flavor.
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add Tabasco only if you want a hot cocktail sauce. As for the chili sauce, I prefer Bellview brand but Heinz brand works well in this blend too. Also, be careful to NOT use the so-called "horseradish sauce" which includes other ingredients.