1/2 Photos of Ospidillo Cafe Michigan Hot Dog Chili Sauce No. 14
2 hrs 30 mins
Bone Man's Note:
A regional hot dog sauce with a little heat. It does not lack for flavor and this recipe makes a nice big batch for family reunions, etc. My personal favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (K.C. Masterpiece, or hickory smoked)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (Maggi cube)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Brown and drain the ground chuck and put into a large cooking pot.
- 2Add all ingredients, except for one cup of water and the bouillon cube. Bring the sauce to a slow boil over low heat.
- 3Mash the bouillon cube in the cup of water and add to the sauce. (If you do not have a Maggi bouillon cube, just use 1 1/2 regular chicken bouillon cubes).
- 4Allow the sauce to simmer, covered, over very low heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- 5Serve over hot dogs.
- 6My personal preferences for ingredient brands are Heinz mustard and Tupelo honey but any brands will do.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ospidillo Cafe Michigan Hot Dog Chili Sauce No. 14
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g