Recipe by Bone Man
A shockingly great appetizer or side dish. A friend of mine shared the original recipe with me and I tweaked it. If you like a good grilled steak, this is the perfect side dish and quite easy to prepare.
Top Review by Kizzikate
Oh, YUM!!! I've tried recipes using Worchestershire and other ingredients, but these are simpler and just plain better! I used sliced "baby bellas", and we fought over the last few shrooms! Thanks!
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, washed and trimmed
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry red table wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut larger mushrooms in two. Make sure that the bottoms of the stems are freshly trimmed off.
- Melt the butter in a 2- or 3-quart pan on low heat.
- Mash the bouillon cubes in with the butter and stir until they are dissolved. Then, add the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, stir, then add the wine. Stir.
- Cover and maintain low heat (barely a boil) for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The mushrooms are done when they have shrunk to about 1/2 to 2/3 of their original size.