Recipe by Recipewrestler
Osman's is a tiny restaurant in Mobile, AL with "old world" European style cooking. This recipe is a house specialty and is also served with a mushroom sauce as Jaeger Schnitzel. The co-owners have shared the recipe on their website.
Top Review by glitter
I enjoy this, but I like to lay the pork in lemon for a few moments to tenderize it. It's amazing what it will do. I also put a little garlic powder on it. If I want to make a sauce, I make a lite mushroom/white wine sauce that goes very well with this and serve it over rice with sauteed onions.
- 4 slices pork loin
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry meat.
- Tenderize with meat hammer if necessary.
- Put flour in a bowl.
- Put beaten eggs in another bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of meat into the flour, then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Fry pork on both sides.
- Ideally the coating will be medium brown when done.
- Watch the temperature of your oil--not too hot!
- Squeeze a quartered lemon over the pork before serving.