Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Indonesian stir-fried carrot dish
- 8 ounces carrots
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Peel carrots and cut into small sticks.
- Heat vegetable oil and saute shallots and chili for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and carrots.
- Stir mixture for 1 minute, then add stock.
- Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Add salt to taste.
I made this for our International Christmas dinner. Delicious!! DD with braces would prefer them softer. I did add some cayenne because I thought an Indonesian dish should be spicy & 'chili powder' isn't very. I quartered baby carrots. YUM! Thank you!
These were very good. The whole time these were cooking, my fiance was saying he wasn't gonna like them. I made him taste them, and they were the 1st thing gone from his plate!! The chili powder can be a lil' overwhelming, so use cautiously. A very good sidedish!! Thank you! Made for Asian Tag,2009.
Made as posted, this was a great side-dish for Asian Barbecued Pork Tenderloin. Carrots can be a little boring, but this recipe sure jazzed them up! Thanks for posting this recipe Christine. Made for Unrated Asian Recipes Tag.