Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This zakuski recipe is Traditional Ukrainian.
- 1 loaf white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 lb pickled herring fillet
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon French's mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Soak the bread in the milk, squeeze out and, along with the herring, pass through a grinder.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Fold in 1 tsp parsley and mold pate into shape desired. Garnish with remaining parsley.