Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Another winner by the singer Isaac Hayes! This is so good, with a crisp garden salad and some of your favorite wine and of course, who coould forget, some great, crisp and chewy sourdough!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 elephant garlic clove, minced (regular is ok)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 6 tiger shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 large sea scallops, chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- breadcrumbs, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, thyme,parsley and bell peppers. Saute' for 4 minutes.
- Add crab meat, shrimp, and scallops. Cook for 3 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper. Remove pan from heat and cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- Add the egg yolk and bread crumbs to seafood mixture. Mix well with a fork.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape each portion into a cake the size of your palm. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the cakes; turn and sprinkle on other side.
- Fry the cakes until golden brown and heated through, about 1 minute on each side, reducing the heat if cakes brown too quickly.