Another winner by the singer Isaac Hayes! This is so good, with a crisp garden salad and some of your favorite wine and of course, who coould forget, some great, crisp and chewy sourdough!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 elephant garlic clove, minced (regular is ok)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 6 tiger shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 large sea scallops, chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- 1In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, garlic, thyme,parsley and bell peppers. Saute' for 4 minutes.
- 3Add crab meat, shrimp, and scallops. Cook for 3 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper. Remove pan from heat and cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- 4Add the egg yolk and bread crumbs to seafood mixture. Mix well with a fork.
- 5Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape each portion into a cake the size of your palm. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 6In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the cakes; turn and sprinkle on other side.
- 7Fry the cakes until golden brown and heated through, about 1 minute on each side, reducing the heat if cakes brown too quickly.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oscar-Winning Seafood-And-Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1491.2
- Calories from Fat 1141
- Total Fat 126.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 329.4 mg
- Sodium 1418.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 61.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers