Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. March 2003
- 1 (16 ounce) package orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cook the pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients (parsley through bell peppers).
- Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in pasta and cheeses.