Recipe by Vicki in CT
This low cost yet delicious side dish is perfect with chicken and fish dishes. Can also be a vegetarian main course. You can cook the orzo in veggie or chicken stock if preferred.
Top Review by Ma Field
Super simple and delicious! We used it under a spicy egg and tomato dish and loved every bite. I'll be making this again with some garden kale! Made for ZWT6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie
- 2 cups orzo pasta, cooked per package directions
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 -16 ounces fresh spinach, I use baby but any variety is good
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo using package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile saute shallot and garlic in olive oil in large skillet until softened.
- Stir in orzo and sun dried tomatoes. Gradually add spinach, you may have to do this in batches until it fits. Cook just until spinach is wilted. Do not overcook. Season to taste.
- Top with pine nuts and cheese.