Recipe by TasteTester
I'm always on the lookout for a good vegetarian entreé, and since I love orzo and tofu I tried this recipe. My son is not too fond of feta cheese so I left it out of his portion, but the rest of us enjoyed it just as written. Note: after making this a few times I decided to try goat cheese and it was really good -- my son even liked it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese or 4 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic and green onions for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the tofu and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lemon juice and basil; cook for another minute. Combine with the cooked orzo pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the crumbled feta cheese sprinkled on top.