Prep 2 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is our favorite way to eat Orzo at our house. Very similar to a risotto, much easier.
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fat (olive oil or butter)
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach or 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the orzo.
- Boil until orzo is tender and has absorbed the cooking liquid, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in the fat, Parmesan, pepper to taste, spinach and pine nuts.
- Cook over low heat for a few minutes until spinach until wilted, and adjust seasoning.