Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from Rachael Ray. So easy! A nice summer salad. This would be great with burgers or grilled chicken.
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Working in small piles, shred the spinach into ribbons.
- Place in the bottom of a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, along with the lemon zest.
- Add the hot orzo to the bowl.
- The heat of the pasta will wilt the spinach and warm the tomatoes.
- It will also release the flavor and oils from the lemon zest.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pasta and toss to combine.
- Add the basil, salt and pepper and toss again.