Recipe by Manami
Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by dicentra
I made this last night to go with our lemon-oregano pork kebobs. I left out the red pepper, since the kebobs had them and FDH and my dad wouldn't eat it. I also used fresh spinach and dried basil. This was great! Easy too. Everyone love it. :) Thanks for sharing.
- 4 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- nonstick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towels
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare orzo according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add oil, tilting skillet to coat bottom.
- Add bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Add orzo and spinach; stir until well mixed and heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, oregano, if desired, and lemon pepper.
- Garnish as desired.