Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
From Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tightly packed chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Spread pine nuts in a shallow pan; bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in garlic; stir/saute 1 minute.
- Add in water, orzo, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to med-low; cook 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts; season to taste and serve.
Fast and easy side dish...I used feta instead of parmesan cheese and added a touch of lemon juice...it was very good.